Meal Prep Monday on a Friday? How novel! This one is a bit of a 'phone it in' meal but I make it nearly every week. It is cheap, quick, easy, satisfying and lasts a while. It is also my go to dish for new mums in my social circles because it freezes and keeps very easily.
Easy Healthy Pasta Bake
1.5 cup wholemeal spiral pasta
500g lean beef mince
I punnet of cherry tomatoes, chopped in half.
2 handfuls spinach
Leggos creamy tomato & mozarella pasta bake sauce
1 can brown lentils
2 tab spoon pine nuts
2 tab spoon Nuttelex lite
1/2 cup chopped white onion
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 tea spoon LSA mix
1 tea spoon olive oil
1/2 cup light shredded cheese
1. Bring pasta to the boil on stove (add a pinch of sat the flavour). Pre heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Using a non stick pan, sauté olive oil & 1 tea spoon of garlic with chopped onions, until onions are light brown.
3. Add lean mince, 3/4 punnet of chopped tomatoes, spinach, drained lentils, mixed herbs & 1 table spoon of pasta bake sauce to pan and allow to simmer on medium heat for approximately 15 minutes until mince is cooked.
4. Strain pasta. While it is still hot in the strainer, add 1 tab spoon of Nuttelex, remaining teaspoon of garlic and mixed herbs to taste & stir through, ensuring butter has completely melted.
5. Transfer pasta into baking dish. Add mince mix from pan & stir through. Add a half handful of cheese and 1 tabsp pine nuts and continue to stir through. Pour in remaining jar of pasta bake sauce & 1 tabsp Nuttelex and continue to stir until all is throughly mixed.
6. Top with remaining shredded cheese, pine nuts and arrange remaining cherry tomatos on top as shown. Apply a light sprinkling of LSA mix and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes (until cheese is melted and golden and tomatoes have exploded).